ARMO CONFERENCE 2019
PLASTEX attended the annual ARMO (Alliance Rotational Moulding Organisations) International Conference, representing Mozambique as an ARMSA (Association of Rotational Moulders of Southern Africa) member. The conference drew around 300 attendees representing countries from all around the world. Among the Associations present were: ARM CE (Central Europe), ARM (North American Plastics Association), ARMA (Australasia), BPF (British Plastics Federation), AFR (French Association), (StAR (Indian Association), ANIPAC (Mexican Association), ARMSA (Southern African Association), CPPIA (Chinese Association), ROTOPOL (Polish Association), IT-RO (Italian Association), NORDIC ARM (Nordic Association).
Around 20 companies participated in the exhibition part of the program introducing innovative rotomolded products as well as live working equipment on the exhibits floor. During the 3 day conference many important topics were covered stimulating ideas for the industry of the future. Among the presentations extensive discussions took place on Quality and New Tank Standards focusing in presenting new methods in improving further the quality of products.
PLASTEX is a member of ARMSA (Association of Rotational Moulders of Southern Africa) since 1996. ARMSA is the official body of the rotomoulding industry in Southern Africa, they support its members with international information sharing and benchmarking as well as setting, maintaining and improving quality standards.
ARMSA members follow the following code of conduct:
- Strive for customer satisfaction by using and maintaining acceptable standards of design and manufacture of rotationally moulded products.
- Not lower manufacturing standards, such as specified wall thickness, consistency and product integrity, all of which will adversely affect the quality of the product.
- Give professional advice on the installation and maintenance of products.
- If possible, warn consumers of dangerous practices involving rotomoulded items, such as the use of heavy impellers and heavy materials in unsupported containers, etc.
- Offer a reasonable warranty and repair or replace items that have failed due to manufacturing faults.
- Not damage the reputation and products of another member or indeed of any rotomoulder either irresponsibly or maliciously.
- Submit to mediation by ARMSA or an appointed mediator in cases of irreconcilable disputes on quality and/or supply of their rotomoulded products.
For molders this global conference was a great opportunity to network, socialize and exchange ideas on new technologies and materials. The event was hosted by ARMSA at Sun City in South Africa on 16th – 18th of September.